Check in April 2018

Keep in Touch with your Workout Buddies

Check in April 2018

Postby nikesta » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:49 am

Hello, I am checking in as new to Kelley Coffey-Meyer. I found the Raw workouts on youtube and enjoyed them. I enjoyed kickboxing with olympic lifts raw yesterday and did an upper body premix from your streaming service this morning. I enjoyed it very much.

I am looking forward to trying to fit these in as we transition into our busy spring and summer. I currently enjoy my workout time when my youngest is in preschool in the mornings, and am a bit worried about trying to fit in working out when school is out for the summer. I usually take the weekends off workouts, as the kids take over :-) but will be ready to hit it again next Monday.

Nikki
nikesta

Re: Check in April 2018

Postby michelewith1L » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi Nikki,

Since I've gone to hour long workouts, I now take the weekends off, too, which is nice!

This past week:

Monday: Your Best Body 2 no rests and Meltdown 2
Tuesday: Build and Burn Kettlebell Kixkbox Fusion and TLC
Wednesday: Trim Down 2 and Cardio Quick Fix 2
Thursday: Body Design Cardio Bootcamp and Light Dumbbell Sculpting and Total Body Kickbox 2
Friday: Slim Sculpting 2 and Strength and Stamina Bonus Step

Have a good week!
Michele (with one L)
michelewith1L

Postby nikesta » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Hello Michele,
Thank you! You too!

I am planning my upcoming week. Looking through the streaming workouts.

Monday: I see a 52 minute premix of Cardio Pump-Interval Pump that looks like a good way to start the week. But I see a Raw tabata barbell/db workout that looks like fun, too. We'll see what strikes me as fun after I get the kids out to school!
Tuesday: get outside and run, it supposed to be sunny and warm
Wednesday: Muscle Up-upper body, I see two upper body premixes, I could play together
Thursday Legs: I see Muscle up and a leg and glute premix at 19 minutes, maybe add on the 30 min Lean Body Circuits boxing and legs, or I see there is a 24 minute Strength and Stamina lower body time crunch. Not sure if two of these work paired for a powerful hour, or if maybe one of these followed by a bit of fun cardio would be better. We'll see how I feel by then?
Friday: Birthday party at a trampoline park. Should be a good active recovery day? ;-)

Feels good to have a plan. Now we'll see how it turns out. :-)
Enjoy your week,
Nikki
nikesta

Postby michelewith1L » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:58 pm

I love the Upper Body Time Crunch from Strength and Stamina.
Michele (with one L)
michelewith1L

Postby nikesta » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:53 am

I did that last week, it was fun! And the next day, my muscles let me know they had been worked. :-)

I also found a RAW rotation on twitter, so next week's plan is ready! :-)

Have a great workout!
Nikki
nikesta

Postby nikesta » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Whew! Week one accomplished. :-)
Leg day today: Muscle Up Legs and Glutes, followed by Lean Body Circuits Boxing & Legs. Boxing felt good after the upper body work yesterday. :-) I really enjoyed the Boxing and Legs. :-)

Bring on the weekend. :-)

Have a great weekend!
nikesta

Postby michelewith1L » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:10 am

Trying to remember last week. It's a blur.

Monday-Powersculpting, and I stopped there because I had to take my son to school early to make up a test.
Tuesday-Body Design Bootcamp Cardio and Weighted Kickboxing, also Total Body Kickbox 2
Wednesday-Lean Body Circuits 2 and TLC 1
Thursday-Cardio Core and Trim and Tone Intervals from Build and Burn
Friday-off, I've been taking a mostly online class for the last 14 weeks but Friday was our last class and we had to go to Richmond to do a presentation in person, so I left the house at 6 AM.

All week I tried to get a bike ride in but it was so cold out! I suppose I could have over the weekend but I am so behind on getting my garden planted, I decided to work on that instead. Trying to get back to normal this week.

Have a good one!
Michele (with one L)
michelewith1L

Postby nikesta » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:08 pm

Biking sounds fun. Nicer days are coming soon. :-)

I am set this week to try modifying a RAW rotation Kelly posted on twitter.
Monday (yesterday): kettlebell/dumbbell fusion, plus 30 min run (This was a quick opportunity taken, when my husband was unexpectedly able to take our 4 year old with him a bit.) :D
Tuesday (today): cardio crush, I had time, so added on her just step this morning, too. Felt great!
Wednesday: weight circuits, I may try to add her athletic cardio and bb to it.
Thursday: floor work, and try to add a run.

That fits her 6 day rotation into my 4 mornings without kids. :) My shoulders and back feel great today after the kb/db fusion yesterday.

Trying to power myself up, enjoying these 30 minute workouts, as I look ahead to all the kids home from school this summer. Need to motivate myself to get up earlier and get these done, before the day is all chasing kids. Maybe I'll try to get up early Saturday a.m. and squeeze in the start of the next week's rotation, which is barbell and dumbbells. Maybe I shouldn't say "try."

Weighted Kickboxing sounds fun! I love kickboxing. :D
Have a great week!
Nikki
nikesta

Postby Yankees9 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi Ladies,

I Was wondering if I could join? I Haven't bought any videos yet (This month has been beyond busy & painful!) Busy, because we had an airshow this past weekend, and painful because I got hit in the ribs by a foul ball two weeks ago at a baseball game. I Have a little under 200 videos and I would say most of them are Firm videos.

Today, I finally returned to working out today!! Did the upper body section from Denise Austin Hit the Spot exercise book. I used mostly 10lb weights followed by 15lb and 5lb weights. For the most part I did 14 reps and a few 12 and 24 reps. Still no abs for a few more days.

Geoff
Yankees9

Postby michelewith1L » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:44 pm

Geoff,

Check in is just now waking up after a long rest. The more the merrier! :)

I keep meaning to post some new recipes, too, but things have been so hectic lately.
Michele (with one L)
michelewith1L

Postby michelewith1L » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 pm

Week of April 22

Sunday-off
Monday-Interval Pump
Tuesday-Kickbox Kettlebell Fusion and Meltdown 2
Wednesday-Lean Body Circuits 1 and Cardio Sculpting and Upper Body Strength from Body Design
Thursday-Cardio Core and 5 mile bike ride
Friday-Lower Split and Upper Body Time Crunch from Strength and Stamina
Saturday-off
Michele (with one L)
michelewith1L

Postby Yankees9 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Great job on the workouts!!! No videos to report but I've been getting in about two to three 15min walks with Cooper. Hope to do something today.

Geoff
Yankees9

Return to Checking In