Buffalo Chicken Marinade

Some of My and Your Favorite Recipes

Buffalo Chicken Marinade

Postby michelewith1L » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:59 pm

This was originally a recipe from Cooking Light but I think you could use this a couple of different ways. It was intended for B/S chicken breast but I used it for wings. The original recipe says to marinate at room temp for 20 minutes. I marinated at room temp for 1 hour and there was not enough heat for us. I think overnight in the fridge would work better. However you use it, it does have good overall flavor and it's really easy and just made out of things most people keep around the kitchen.

3/4 c. hot sauce
1/4 c. butter, melted
2 t. Lea and Perrins
1/2 t. onion powder

Season with salt just before you cook it. I made mine in a really hot oven to get the chicken crispy. Ideally I'd grill it but that's not happening on this January evening. :wink:
Michele (with one L)
michelewith1L

Postby michelewith1L » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Made this again tonight in an attempt to perfect it by Super Bowl. This time I marinated 8 hours and it was great. Then into a 450 degree oven for 50-60 minutes. My kids could still eat it at this point but next weekend I'm going to marinate for 24 hours and think that'll be too hot for them. I might do one batch of each. I really like that the flavor penetrates through and it comes out crunchy but not messy the way it does when you toss with the sauce AFTER cooking. I used Crystal and if you use that or Texas Pete or Tabasco, you'll get that milder heat with vinegar. If you were to use one of those hot sauces you see on the table at a Mexican restaurant, I'm sure it would be much hotter. The basic recipe is a good one. It's just a matter of using it the way that works best for your taste buds. Let me know if you decide to try it. :)
Michele (with one L)
michelewith1L

Return to Recipes